We want to share this story and the steps we have taken to participate in local game development contests.
In Argentina, ADVA ( http://www.adva.com.ar/ ) is a non profit organization for helping develop the game insdustry in the region.
Recently they have opened a contest to select 10 games for free coaching, and our game Escape from the Haunted Grounds have been selected!
Here are a couple of tips we believe have helped
- Never stop trying
- Propose your project in every contest you can
- Don´t publish your game before pitching it to someone, it´s important for market positioning
- Make a simple web page with screenshots and information
- Make a demo, or a limited version of the game
- Create a Facebook page with information of your projects
Getting help from experienced peolpe of the industry is always important, they have the know-how, and that´s one of the most valuable thing an indie / startup can have from the begining. It can make a big difference.
Thanks for reading! and we will keep updating with the process.